DeVry University – Columbus OHBachelor of Science – Computer Information Systems
Fall, 2002 – Spring, 2005
Graduation: February 27, 2005
The Ohio State UniversityACCAD – Columbus, OH
2005 – June 2007
3d computer animation, modeling and effects
inVentivHealth/Navicor – Columbus OHSenior Developer
February '16 – Present
- Responsible for development of websites and applications for multiple clients within oncology.
- Responsive web development, database architecture and RESTful API development.
- Technologies used include React.js, Redux, Reflux, PHP, C#, Vanilla JS, jQuery.
- Use of Webpack, Gulp, BrowserSync, react-hot-loader for quick build operations and fast reload for testing.
- 3d modeling for VR.
Print Syndicate – Columbus OHSenior Front End Web Developer
February '15 – Feb '16
- Senior Front End Web Developer responsible for front end architecture and development of new ecommerce platform for all company brand web sites (lookhuman.com, activateapparel.com, mericamade.com, etc.).
- Unified code base using ReactJS and Node.js for both server/client side rendering (isomorphic).
- Creation of site template utilizing shared components for all branded sites.
- Responsive CSS utilizing SASS preprocessing.
- Use of Gulp, Webpack and BrowserSync for quick build operations and fast reload for testing.
Clutch – Columbus OHDesign (UX and Graphic), Application Development, 3d and animation
January '08 – January '15
- PHP backend development (Custom PHP sites as well as Wordpress sites).
- User Experience and IxD. I have worked on several multi-million dollar projects as a user experience expert and interaction designer for clients such as American Express, McGraw Hill, and Travelport. I was responsible for the ideation and wire framing of the application to produce a product that met all user requirements in the most intuitive and efficient way.
- Graphic Design. I have worked on several projects as the sole graphic designer as well as part of a larger team of designers. My responsibility was to help create a visually pleasing design for the product I helped to design during the UX/IxD phase.
- 3d and animation. Created a few small animation sequences for the McGraw Hill Flex project. I have also created a few 3d character models as well as a short film for our demo reel as part of our service offerings.
The Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute – Tampa FLWeb Developer II
June '07 – January '08
- Development of web based applications for intranet and internet sites. Technologies include Visual Studio 2003, 2005 and 2008 Framework with C# code behind, SQL Server 2005 and IIS.
- Create mock up designs of new layouts for existing internet and intranet site pages.
- Use of Microsoft Visual Source Safe for source version control.
- Ensure web pages are cross browser compatible with table less CSS and meet W3C and Web Accessibility standards.
The Ohio State University – The Colleges of the Arts and SciencesSystems Developer Engineer
Lead Web and Applications Developer
August '06 – June '07
- Development of web based applications for internal departmental use. Technologies include Coldfusion MX 7, AJAX, Fusebox, Macromedia JRun 4 for J2EE applications.
- Development of exit survey report application for Department Chairs and Deans for quarterly review with the use of dynamic Flash Charts as well as Aspose.Cells for on the fly formatted dynamic Excel Spreedsheet creation.
- Create mock up designs for Departmental Web sites within the Colleges of the Arts and Sciences.
- Delegate work among student workers for content updates to departmental web sites.
- Ensure web pages are cross browser compatible with tableless CSS and meet W3C and Web Accessibility standards.
The Ohio State University - Humanities Information SystemsWeb Developer
March '05 – August '06
- Create mock up designs for Departmental Web sites within the College of Humanities.
- Create include templates such as headers, footers, and navigation files to allow for fast and efficient site wide changes and updates.
- Develop code that is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant and cross browser compatible on PC and MAC (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Perform testing on entire site after completion for valid XHTML code and ensure it passes all web accessibility standards.
- Develop applications for departmental use for managing event schedules, faculty and staff, course listings and other departmental requirements.
Freelance ConsultingWeb Developer
2000 – Present
- Site Design (UX and Graphics).
- Photoshop and Illustrator for graphical layout.
- Semantic html5 markup.
- CSS (Sass preprocessing).
- ReactJS, JQuery, and vanilla JS for front end functionality.
- Modular approach for code reuse and maintainability (sass, js, PHP).
- Custom content management systems (cms).
- RESTful API
- After Effects
- SublimeText, IntelliJ, Dreamweaver
- Autodesk Maya
- RDBMS - MySQL, SQL, Oracle, Access database and Stored Procedures.
- NoSQL - MongoDB, Redis